Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Philosophical Dilemma

Assuming no massive upsets, which is a big assumption given the recent trend of things, IU and Purdue will play in the semis of the Big Ten Tourney. Now, I bet two of my friends on the results of the previous meeting of these two teams (which IU won, of course). The bets revolved around pop and bulletin boards (don't ask). Now, of course, neither of these losers has paid off their bet yet--an object lesson in taking the word of a Purdue fan.

Which leads to my dilemma. Since then, Coach Sampson has been fired, and IU has since packed it in for the season. They don't care any more, and aren't really playing very hard, especially on defense. So, what do I do in terms of these bets? Do I get cocky and give these people "outs" and double or nothing anyway? Or do I try to quietly hide and stay away from these people so I don't have to face any bets over this match-up? And if so, does that make me a bad fan, even though I seriously doubt IU will win?

What makes it worse, one of these friends actually has tickets to the game, assuming it happens. I seriously expect a text message the moment the game would end...

Note: The double or nothing offer has officially been made--do I accept?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home