Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rain Rain Go Away

So, I had my first track meet of the year on Tuesday...or rather, I would have had it if not for it raining all day until 2pm, when the AD cancelled the meet. It immediately proceeded to get sunny and gorgeous until about 8pm that night. Gotta love Indiana!

Speaking of love, over the past two days, I got invitations to two separate weddings in the mail. Of course, one of these I'm standing in, so it's a little weird to get an invite, but whatever. Anyway, they always say "Mr. Alspaugh and guest." I always want to have a guest to take to these things...I think it's my insecurities, especially around HS friends, who I worry so much about because I think they all think I'm a nerd. Which I am (I mean, let's be real here), but I'm a lot more than that, too. Plus, the first wedding has dancing at the reception--how could would it be to take a girl who could swing dance and really impress them? Request It Don't Mean a Thing or Sing Sing Sing--maybe drop in an aereal (sp?) or something. Heck, my parents don't even know much about my swing dancing, except that I seem to do it a lot. But until God brings her to me (or finishes getting me ready for her), I suppose I'll have to dance with myself. :)

All that being said, I seem to be posting (once again) on a day where I got very little mathematics done. I have to quit having days like this. Getting work done in my office keeps getting harder and harder...I need to learn to take some stuff out to the library (or outside, if it's not raining) and do work there. I'm just plain scared about my TIER III, so I prepare myself by not studying a lot and feeling even more stressed. Well played by Shawn...I would "call" if I were you.

At least this latest rain is bring in some warm with it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home