Thursday, January 19, 2006

Protecting God

The past few days God has started to show me a glimpse of my self that, quite frankly, is impressively embarassing in its arrogance and ludicrousness (probably not actually a word), and displays a disturbing lack of faith. Basically, I'm trying to protect God. I'm afraid that I'm going to do something wrong and somehow God won't fulfill His promises to me because of me. Or I'll settle for a poptart when God is prepared for me a 5-course meal (for example, in my quiet times). God has been showing me lately all kinds of promises and ways He might use me. What if God wants me to perform a healing? Or lead someone to speak in tongues? Or "simply" bring them to Him? My flesh balks at the idea--I'm totally inadequate. I worry about somehow screwing up and reflecting poorly on Him because His servant is fallible. I want to protect Him. What a stupid idea! See 2 Peter 1:3-4 or 2 Cor 12:9. Why do I always make these types of things about me? If I am in any of the above situations, or just working in my office, God is there with me and protecting me. He will provide me with whatever power/words/etc. are necessary to accomplish His objectives--just get out of His way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home