Friday, December 30, 2005

It's only been a couple of days

And by a couple of days, I mean a couple of weeks. But I have an excuse: I don't like the keyboard in Walkerton (it's more like a laptop keyboard, and I have very little laptop experience), so I try to avoid using it often. I'm just used to being able to press down more when I type than you can with that keyboard. Hey, I never said it was a good excuse...

Anyway, first and foremost, I need prayer for my grandmother (and grandfather). She's suffering from Alzheimer's, and it's getting a lot worse. She is consistently not recognizing her husband, especially at night. She wants her husband to lie with her as she falls asleep, but when this stranger (grandpa) wants to do that, she freaks out because she doesn't know him. At one point I think she thought I was her husband (he was built like me about 40 years ago). Grandpa's really struggling with all of this--she keeps changing her mind on what she wants and what she says, and it's frustrating him. I think that he's thinking he may have to move her somewhere (nursing home type of thing?) soon...either way, it's not a lot of fun to be there right now--for anyone.

So what else has gone on the past couple weeks? Well, not much, actually. God is teaching me some stuff, but at times I'm still rebelling. I've talked about God being like a drug at times, but I think sin is, too. It's very addicting. Once you commit a sin, you kind of want to do it again soon. And you have to keep doing it more and more to get the same rush, to get your "fix". In contrast to that, God is talking to me about his ominpresence. He's always there, so the aforementioned sin can't be hidden or swept under the rug. However, He's also starting to show me what a relief that is. I can't fake who I am with God. He knows all about me. All about me. And He still loves me and wants to use me. "...my power is made perfect in weakness." Not just His love or grace, but His power. That's a cool word.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, bum... one question: you've "talked about God being like a" what "at times"?

9:59 AM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Sorry, God is like a "drug". It's been fixed.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home