Thursday, December 15, 2005

Singing is cool

What a great small group! It was at my place, which means there's a piano available. Which means Barbara can play the piano. Which means there was all kinds of fun going on. Oh yeah, and Barbara is apparently really good--she played and/or ad-libbed just about everything we wanted to sing.

So what did we sing? Thought you'd never asked. We started with Close Every Door, included such hits as Music of the Night, Phantom of the Opera, A Whole New World, and Arabian Nights. We sang a lot of Christmas carols as well. Finally, after everyone else left, we sang some standard praise songs, including one of our favs: Praise Adonai.

I'm finding more and more how much I enjoy just singing with other people, especially when praising God. It was a good distraction from my lady struggles... If I ever get married, I hope she can play the piano and/or enjoys singing. I think it could be so much fun to be able to sing/worship with your spouse whenever you want. But that's definitely a long time in the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home