Wednesday, December 07, 2005

If at first you don't succeed

Then try teaching another pair of classes with no voice. Actually, my voice is slightly better--as long as I stay an octave or two lower and talk real slowly, I'm alright. Now, when I had to cover about 15 minutes of material in about 3 minutes at the end of my second class today, yeah, that wasn't so good. At least it's bringing my classes enjoyment. :) I may have to cave in to Jenny and actually drink tea, or figure something out to start talking better. I'm too impatient to wait a long time for my voice to get better. Hopefully they won't make me lead worship tonight at small group--that could be a problem.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could do a traditional Friends (Quaker) service ... sit in silence until someone is moved by the Spirit to speak. :)

Hope you get your voice back soon, bum..

4:25 PM  
Blogger novice.knitter said...

Is your throat still sore? How about your glands? Swollen? Are you tired? Been kissing anyone? We thought Pete had strep, and it turned out to be mono... I didn't get it, we think I am a carrier and gave it to him... just something to think about!!!

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about an enlarged and possibly rupturable spleen!

2:08 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Throat has never been that sore, and I don't really know where the glands are that I should be looking for, but nothing is really swollen. Today I'm tired, but that's only because I played four games of basketball yesterday. :) My voice is the best it's been--I can talk plainly today, though it's still an octave low. As for kissing someone...it's been a long time.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home