Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cha-Ching

I was stoked because I was about to cash (deposit) the biggest check I've ever seen, but then I realized I was mildly mistaken. We're trying to close on the sale of my Bloomington house (Praise the Lord!), and it's tough when one of the important parties lives/works/coaches over an hour away. However, today I had a workshop in Indianapolis, so practice was cancelled, and when the workshop was over, I drove to Btown to take care of my end of things. I thought I was actually going to close, but it was just the papers I need to sign--the actual closing will take place on Monday. So, the lawyer is going to deposit the check into my account on his own, which is convenient for me, but means I don't get to hold a really big check. Now, a lot of the money goes to my parents, so it's not all mine, but it's still really exciting. I'm looking forward to not paying two mortgages...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mari Bébête said...

Congratulations! Sorry we missed you while you were town. Hope everything goes smoothly for the rest of the closing process Monday.

8:09 AM  
Blogger petite américaine said...

Whoo hoo! :D

7:57 PM  
Blogger David Aukerman said...

Excellent, bum... congrats on selling the house!

8:10 AM  
Blogger The Hawley's said...

Yeah! April must be a good month to sell. We sold our house in Charlotte, so we're down to just one mortgage now, too! Good thing, cause two mortgages on one salary with a new baby is NOT FUN! Oh, and hi, by the way.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home