Friday, April 20, 2007

I feel like a ringer

Playing with some of our guys at practice today, and I was horrible. I have no short game, and I wasn't making real solid contact at any time. Well, after six holes, I suggested we played the last three holes as a competition of sorts--me and two of the guys versus the other three in our expanded group.

So, what do I do? On the par 5 seventh, I hit two mediocre shots, and then a crazy sick 9-iron from about 120 off a hilly lie to within a foot. Gotta love tap-in birdies. I feel bad, though, after playing so badly earlier to throw out a birdie on the first "competition" hole. Ahh well, they'll live.

By the way, if you are tired of posts about golf, you may not want to come back here for awhile....that's about the extent of my life right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

bored? not really. Wishing I had some idea of the thrill you get from playing, more like it.

Did I ever tell you the only time I ever attempted golf I could only get the ball off the ground for ~2 ft? Yeah, I suck at it. We went every class for like 3 weeks in gym. Took the whole time to accomplish that much. How pathetic, right?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Penjammin said...

Gotta say I've been neglecting my old haunts in the blogosphere, so I'm still game for more golf posts.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home