Friday, April 06, 2007

I really am that stupid

For those of you in the area, you know what kind of day today was. It was freezing cold (quite literally), and the wind was blowing like crazy. I had the fortune of a day off--apparently Sullivan always gets Good Friday off. How did I spend this freedom on a crazy cold day?

By golfing. Eighteen holes. Did I mention it was freezing? Did I mention the windchill was in the teens? Did I mention I forgot I have UnderArmour and left it at home?

When it gets cold, the ball becomes a rock. It goes really really not far. 20-30 mph wind tends to blow through the five layers you may be wearing. Oh, and it's hard to get a feel for, well, anything (especially a golf club) when you can't feel your fingers (and I kept my gloves on the entire time. To give you a picture of the experience: the 11th is a 180-yard par 3. I teed off with my 3-wood. I normally hit my 3-wood 210-215 yards. I hit it well, with a nice, soft fade. Where did it end up? 20 yards short of the green. 20 yards. It wasn't even close. How demoralizing.

Did I mention I paid to do this? Ok, it was preparing my team to play in the tournament at this course tomorrow morning (thus the need to practice in these temperatures), so it's excuseable, but still....very, very stupid.

1 Comments:

Blogger petite américaine said...

And very, very funny.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home