Thursday, May 17, 2007

The life of a Cubs fan

I hate the Cubs. By which, of course, I mean that I'm a diehard fan. Thus, I hate the Cubs. The latest ulcer-forming game happened today, when the Cubs blew a 5-1 9th inning lead to lose the Mets. After getting to .500, we're like 3-7 in our last 10. Our bullpen, which was potentially the strongest part of the team, has been ghastly. As one guy (Bob Lemon?) once said:

The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen.

My best friend is in Hawaii right now (jerk) and the aforementioned bullpen wreaks. *sigh* At least summer starts soon...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe... I'm glad the stars are aligning in your favor these days. :) But I hear you on the bullpen woes ... last year was dreadful for the Tribe, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the first two months of this season.

Hey, we get back next Wednesday... whatcha doing for Memorial Day? (you do get that day off, right?)

1:54 PM  
Blogger spocktongue said...

Are you kidding me?!? I'm done on Tuesday. :) Now, I'll have golf for awhile, but probably nothing on that weekend...anything in particular you had in mind?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home