Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm a lush

Ok, maybe not. But, we were talking some about drinking on the golf course today (not actually doing it, of course). I have currently, at the time of this writing, have had alcohol twice in my life--getting some sips of wine at a wine tasting and at Oliver. This, of course, baffles the minds of my kids (both my students and my athletes). One of my athletes was trying to get me to admit I had ingested alcohol while in high school, which I didn't. He didn't believe me, so I mentioned I had only had alcohol twice. But, my latest "binge" took place this weekend, so when I mentioned "twice" and not "once," a student/golfer perked up and called me on it. When I explained, he seemed happy for me. As if I had accomplished something by taking my second "drink." I am now more on the way to being a man or something. Just an interesting occurrence. For the record--no one underage actually admitted to ingesting any kind of alcohol, and I would have no proof even if they had claimed it, so I think I'm "legally" covered.

What I failed to mention, of course, that both of these "events" took place with the same female. Apparently, whenever we get together, she gets me "drunk." :) I think that would have added to the story.

The most important "question," though, is can I use any more "quotes?"

1 Comments:

Blogger David Aukerman said...

I'd say "no." :)

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home