Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not So Bad After All

So, this was going to be my week from....well, let's say a busy week. But, two rained out golf matches later, the week has become a lot easier to handle. Now, if rain washed out my track meet in Mitchell tomorrow, my week will become ridiculously easy.

One nice thing about free nights (what to do with all this time???) is the reentry of my guitar into my life. It's been too long--my fingers hurt. But, I'm finding a little worship does a wonderful job of refocusing and reenergizing me. Long-time struggles seem to go away in the presence of God. Amazing what a sovereign Creator can do. :)

Anyway, it's been great to refocus on God some at a time when I was going through somewhat of a dry spell. And a couple of cool insites came out of a CD sermon I listened to today out of Matthew (13, I think)--the parable about selling everything you own to buy that one amazing, most-precious jewel. In particular, the typical roles in the parable were reversed. Jesus was the buyer, and I was the pearl. How crazy is that?!? But he did--he gave his life to buy...me. I can picture Jesus there, just holding a pearl like a baby with a goofy grin on his face. So content and happy that he's got me. That is an amazing picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home