Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Tale of Two Weekends

I didn't realize how much I use and enjoy my weekends until the past ten days or so. Last weekend, I went to a men's retreat in Wisconsin. I had late basketball conditioning the Thursday beforehand, and left on Friday morning (first ever personal day from school!) to head north. I did not arrive back home until about 11pm on Sunday night. Can we say long weekend? Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing weekend, but it was incredibly taxing--physically (I was actually sore the next couple days), emotionally, mentally, spiritually... Oh yeah, and I gave a test to 60-some kids the Friday I was gone. So, all of last week was catching up on sleep, grading, and lots of laundry. It was a long week, though, with all of that, and starting basketball season. So, sleep didn't happen. At all. Except for the day I slept through my alarm...

Fast forward to this weekend. I decided to stay in Friday night instead of swing dancing, then some friends came to visit me on Saturday, so I got to stay at home all day as well. Throw in some church (woohoo!) on Sunday, and I was back home with no stuff to do by 8:15. I feel rested and ready to start the week.

To a teacher, weekends are beautiful things, and I didn't realize how much until now.

Just over a week until basketball games start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home