Sunday, September 23, 2007

High-Impact Worship

Who knew church was so physically taxing? I actually got hurt...

We were worshipping/jamming a little at the end of our time, and the djembe playing next to me got up and left. Well, being the good little percussionist I dream that I am, I went ahead and picked up the djembe to filling in--I know enough music that I can wing it and make that work... Anyway, shortly thereafter, our little worhsip/jam session with piano and guitar and 2 djembes turns into a dance/worship/jam session with just us two djembes. And it continued....and continued...probably for about eight minutes or so. And, of course, since it was just the two of us guys drumming (is that the right verb for playing a djembe???), we can't exactly sit out or relax or rest. So, the beat was pumping, there was dancing and praising, ... , and my right thumb (the part of my two hands that I use to accent or "hit" a beat) is very sore. Right at the base of the thumb. So, no snapping for a couple days for Shawn (seriously, where my middle finger "lands" is right where it's sore). Clearly, I have no percussion technique. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home