Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's been awhile...

So, I don't really feel especially talkative, but it's been a week since I've posted, so I should probably put something up. I spent most of this past week at home (in Walkerton--if you can call that home--Tara would say so since that's where my family is), which is why I didn't answer many emails or write any on my blog. A good family friend was getting married on Saturday, so I took a mini-vacation to see the wedding and spend some time with the family. I started by going to one of my brother's baseball games (he's an assistant coach), and they proceeded to lose the game (to finish 14-2 in the conference...I appear to be good luck), so I didn't attend any more games after that. And what do you know? Glenn won the last two games of the week. :)
The wedding was alright--the pastor-lady talked way too much, in my opinion. Bum, always make it short and sweet. :) The reception was alright, but I went with my parents, so they were leaving right when I was starting to get into things. I've been longing some real, quality, social contact for a while, and right when I get to chat and hang out with some friends from high school, and my ride gets sleepy and wants to go home. *sigh* I've been told by many people, including an ex-girlfriend, that I am eerily like my dad, but I'm noticing more and more that as I live on my own, I seem to be becoming less and less an "Alspaugh" and more and more an "Akers." (fyi: my mom's maiden name is Akers) Now, don't get me wrong, I'm so much an Alspaugh that I'll never be an Akers, but I think it's good that I'm showing some of the traits of my mom's family. It's a better balance, I think, and it's more of who I am.
Well, I told you I had nothing to say, and now you have the proof of it. If you're still reading, I'm sorry. :)
Anyway, the one thing I needed to do while I was at home, which is math, I avoided like the plague. So this week, I seriously need to get a lot of algebraic geometry done. I seem to say this all the time, but it's getting crunch time. Someone want to call me and make sure I'm staying on task this week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home