Saturday, May 28, 2005

Welcoming the Hawleys

I'm excited--tonight, after the wedding of Deborah Shenk, Jen (Lewchuk) and Glenn Hawley will be stopping by for the evening and most of Sunday. Jen and I already have a swing dance or two planned, and Glenn and I may hit the links tomorrow after church. It'll really cool to see them--Jen is one of the few people who I truly consider a sister; she's part of my family. I haven't seen her since her wedding, so it'll be a lot of fun to hang out with her again.

Fountain Square last night (as warm-up for my dances with Jen) was less than ideal, as Tim Brickley was playing. His songs always go on for ten minutes, which makes them very tough to dance to. Plus, there weren't many follows there, which doesn't help. Basically, if the Thatcher twins aren't there, and Stephanie isn't there, then it's not nearly as fun--the only consolation was that Caitlin came down from Muncie--she's turned herself into a pretty good little swing dancer.

Barring something really unusual, the Cubs are going to have a chance to reach .500 tomorrow afternoon....anyone want to make a wager on that happening? I say the odds of winning tomorrow are about....3451045983 to 1 against....which coincidentally happens to be the telephone number of an Islington flat where I once nearly hit it off with a g.i.r.l named Tricia, until she left with a gate crasher...(at an improbability factor of...)

1 Comments:

Blogger spocktongue said...

I do not know of anyone with that phone number. Actually, I looked up the number, at least what I *could* look up, and it appears that area code 345 relates to the Cayman Islands. So there you go...

As for the Cubs, they actually ended up winning--what's up with that? I sense some kind of infinite improbability drive at work...

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home