Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dad was here

So, my dad was here (I hope that was already obvious) to cash in his birthday gift and get in some golf with me. It's always fun to play with my dad, especially when no one is in front of us on a course--we can just go. More to the point, it's fun when I shoot 76s on courses like the IU course. It's really really long, and I don't hit the ball that far. But, today I played a very smart, straight-forward game, and it really paid off. I drove the ball well (a must on a long course) and overcame some mediocre putting to finish with 7 bogeys and 2 birdies. The 2 birdies themselves are a pretty big accomplish. :)
The other highlight was that dad had talked to Matt Miller's parents about the reception in general, and Caitlin and my dance in particular. Apparently, by the end of the song, everyone in the place had stopped what they were doing and were watching us bust a move. They were impressed. :) So yeah, swing dancing is kewl. Not as kewl as spending time with my dad, but kewl nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger spocktongue said...

Yes, kewl. "Kewl" denotes a degree of coolness beyond normal "cool."

Interestingly enough, the aforementioned kewl swing dancing is making me desireable, apparently. Last night I was invited to a wedding by (effectively) a couple of single lady friends because there's going to be dancing at the reception.

Hey, it's more action than I've gotten in a while... :)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home