Monday, May 30, 2005

That was rough

So, I got to play some golf with Glenn (and Jen putted on a few holes) yesterday at the IU course ($18 for a cart and 18 holes after 4pm--how sweet is that?), but it was my first round of the year. And you could tell. I hit my irons really well (usually a strong point), but my woods went who knows where, and my short game was generally atrocious (not uncommon, but still aggravating). I ended up with an 87 (+16), which I can't complain about too much on that course, but there's no real good reason I can't put up an 80 or something along those lines. Fortunately (or unfortunately, from my checking account's standpoint), that low price may afford me (pardon the pun) some more opportunities to improve on that Matt.

On a lighter note, the Cubs are .500!!! Will wonders never cease...of course, we're starting a 7-game road trip against the class of the NL West, so we'll see how long it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home