Saturday, June 18, 2005

Teaching is cool

What is it about teaching someone that's such a high? I went to Lindy on the Canal last night in Indy, even though I was sick a couple nights ago and was feeling a little weak. For most of the night, I was feeling a little light-headed and tired. The dancing was alright, but I just really wasn't up to too much activity. Anyway, after about 9 p.m., Elyssa and crew show up, and she wants to learn to dance. She understands some of the basics, but didn't really know some of the finer technique type of stuff. Anyway, an hour later, I've been dancing for the past hour, and I'm feeling a lot better. Elyssa has improved immensely, and I've almost forgot that I'm supposed to be feeling less-than-perfect. I started out tentatively teaching some basic stuff, then started getting fired up about her leraning (and her desire to learn). Next thing you know, I'm going nuts. I guess it makes sense I was an education major--when someone actually wants to learn, I get stoked. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home