Sunday, June 12, 2005

Wedding fun

Got to spend the weekend in Alexandria/Muncie/Anderson for the wedding of Matt (neighbor from the lake) and Missy. It's kind of weird being a groomsman in a wedding with a guy you didn't go to high school or college with--you know none of the other groomsmen (my brother couldn't make it because Glenn made it to baseball semi-state....and then lost). Also, you know very few of the guests. The bridesmaid I walked down the aisle with was both cute and single, but since she spent most (translate: attached at the hip) of the time with another bridesmaid, and since it's completely against my personality, didn't chat a whole lot. The times we did talk were fun, though. :) I know, I'm pathetic...
The wedding was really nice, though, and the reception was pretty good, too. Why do receptions always play YMCA, Love Shack, and Play That Funky Music? At least they played a swing song or two...Caitlin and I got to show off a little bit. I must say, however, that dancing in dress shoes with actual soles and heels of more than an inch is not very easy, and your feet yell at you afterwards. It's really nice to be a part of a wedding though--to see a friend you care about take this huge step, and to actually get to be an active part of it. Especially when I'm older...it's almost as if one of my "kids" is stepping out of the nest. :)
The other positive aspect of weddings in Alexandria is that I got to spend a couple nights in Anderson with Dave (thanks for the couch, bum). I must say, I ted the 2-player, mini-Settlers of Catan game we invented, but then Dave taught me Cities and Knights, a new and much more complex variation on Settlers. Given a few games under my belt (for a better understanding of what cards are available, and general strategy ideas as well), I think it could be a really fun game--dare I say far superior to the original. We'll see--it was somewhat overwhelming, but due to some massive card drawing, I almost won--Dave got the perfect roll, saving his butt and winning the game one turn before I would have. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home