Monday, June 27, 2005

Stroking my ego

I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night there was Fountain Square, and pretty much everyone (who isn't in Florida) came, including Addy and a nice group from the Ferguson's home church. I mention the latter group because on Saturday, I was invited to join them at a wedding. I kind of think I was being used (for my dancing), but who am I to complain? When a bunch of g.i.r.l.s at FST start fighting over you, trying to claim some dance time with you at the wedding the next night, it's a nice feeling. Anyway, after the wedding, a big group of us crashed at a house in Indy, and being the only guy present, I got a whole bedroom to myself. :) On Sunday I went to the Ferguson's home church, since it's been a really long time. As it turns out, I was encouraged to stay for the youth group afterwards, and then Elyssa and Caity-B coerced (I didn't put up much of a fight) me to stay the night there, so we could do some more dancing in the barn. Again, I don't think it was my company they liked so much as being able to lindy-hop, but either way I had a great time. Plus, E learned how to tandem, and C-B learned how to do a lot more tandem. All in all, a productive night. :) Of course, now that I'm back home, I don't really want to do much math--surprise surprise.
More to the point, it's always a nice feeling to spend time with solid Christian friends again. Until I spend more "out of church" time with people from ECC, I'm not going to get a lot of Christian social contact. Being pampered at Taylor, I've grown to need that deep, real connection you get from Christian brothers and sisters, and you just don't get that from non-believers. They don't know that there's a deeper level that a friendship can reach, which is sad. Hopefully my non-believing friends will see some of that in me, and it will peak their interest. And hopefully I will begin to spend more time with my Christian friends in Bloomington, so that deeper connection can be developed between us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home