Saturday, July 30, 2005

Tiring weekend x1000

Wow, I don't want to do that again for a really really long time.

My family went on a baseball trip the past week or so. Of course, 2/3 of the way through, while we were in Philadelphia, we got word that my grandmother passed away.

This is the first real death of someone even moderately close to me passing away. It's not an easy thing to do with. And apparently, I really struggle with seeing my dad cry. It choked me up every time...

Anyway, for the last half of the weekend, I was pretty emotionally numb. My brain/body just got overloaded. Fortunately, Friday night God and I got to spend some time together. It was my first real time alone to grieve, and God and I worked things through to the point where I was actually crying (tears of joy) because grandma was with Him in heaven. It was a really powerful moment, and just reemphasized how cool God is.

Still, the sting of losing family is still there, and it's not something I want to go through again in a long time. Thanks to all the family and friends (special props to the Aukermans....how cool is it to say that?) for their help and support and prayer these past few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home