Monday, July 18, 2005

Tiring weekend

Well, I just spent a weekend of mediocre food, little sleep, and constant pounding on my feet--I went to a swing dance workshop in Chicago. The emphasis of the workshop was balboa, but there were slides and footwork and charleston that took place, too. I learned a lot, although not a ton of it was new. More to the point, I had the chance to really work on some things that I "knew" but wasn't comfortable with. I got a lot of little tips that should really help.

Also, it was comforting to know that J and I really held our own in Chicago. There are definitely a few really really good dancers (especially follows) in Chicago, but as for leads, we are just as good or better than most of the guys there. It's comforting to know that we're not so completely clueless or lost down here in Indiana.

Now I get to go to the lake and spend a few days there before taking a family mini-vacation baseball road trip. So, I'll be away for a couple of weeks--hopefully I can still get some math studied...otherwise, I'm in a lot of trouble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home