Saturday, August 06, 2005

6 weeks of no fun

So I finally got back from Oregon yesterday. My time out there was a lot of fun. I got to see some of God's gorgeous creation, including an amazing view of the entire Willamette Valley, the Cascades, and the ocean from Mary's Peak, which we scaled (well, we scaled the last 200 feet of the 4,097 foot peak). We even got a nice geology lesson at the peak from a guy who knew Indiana had a lot of caves, which was a lot more surprising before we found he was a geologist from Oregon State University. Overall, the trip was very enjoyable, and it was a lot of fun getting to spend a few days with Heath.

The excitement began on Thursday, my initial day of leaving. Leaving four hours before my flight (it's a 2-hour trip to the airport) seemed like a safe plan until a car wreck on I-5 made the trip last 3.5 hours. I was fortunate enough to get my boarding passes and through security in ten minutes, though, in plenty of time to get to my flight, which proceeded to be delayed, and then delayed, and then cancelled. So, over three hours after I was supposed to have left Portland, I was finally given a hotel room to crash for the night before my new flight, which left at 6:00 a.m. It was a $200 room with two queen beds, but only 12 cable stations, so I was a little bummed out.

Anyway, when you arrive at an airport at 5:00 a.m., there are very few places open at which you can eat breakfast. So, yesterday my food selections were a little lacking, since "lunch" took place mid-flight and was a couple of iced oatmeal cookies.

It's good to be back home in Bloomington, though, and starting to get back in the groove of things. I was looking over some information about this year, and saw there's an October deadline for my TIER III oral exam, meaning that in about 6 weeks or so, I will have no choice but to take my orals. That's not going to be a lot of fun. In fact, I'm already stressed about it. I was nervous for most of the summer, but it's really starting to hit home that it's really really soon. So, here's to a month and a half of stress and pressure...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mortgage articles for refinance mortgage home loans

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home